Fees & Rebates

Clients can self-refer and do not need a referral to see a psychologist. Under the Better Access Scheme eligible clients referred by a General Practitioner, psychiatrist or paediatrician can receive up 20 sessions per calendar year that receive rebates from Medicare.

The Australian Psychological Society (APS) recommends a fee of $260.00 per session.
The fee at JLS Psychology is $200 per 50 minute session. With a current MHCP you will be rebated $88.25 through Medicare. Once you have reached your Medicare Safety Net you will be rebated 80% of the full fee.

Clients referred by their doctors through Workcover/Worksafe, TAC, DVA. etc have their fees covered through these agencies.

Fee information - Medicare

Medicare rebates are available for psychological treatment by registered psychologists under the Australian Government's Better Access to Mental Health Care initiative.
This scheme provides considerable assistance to people living with mental heath problems, allowing them greater access to psychologists and providing more affordable mental healthcare nationally.

What will it cost me?

The cost to you will vary depending on the length of the session and the fee being charged for the service.
Bulk billing is when you will not have to pay anything.
The cost for a psychological therapy session is usually greater than the Medicare rebate, so in most cases you will need to pay the difference between the Medicare rebate and fee for service.
This will vary and you should check this with the reception before commencing your treatment.

Can I directly make an appointment and still claim through Medicare?

You must be referred by your GP or paediatrician. Your GP will need to complete a detailed mental health assessment and prepare a Mental Health Treatment Plan before you can make an appoinment, and claim through Medicare.

How, and who can make a referal to see Jacalyn?

Jaclyn is a registered psychologist with a Medicare Provider Number, therefore Jaclyn can accept any client that has been referred by your GP or paediatrician.